- The average flight to a popular summer destination costs $ 293.73
- Florida, Oklahoma and Texas are home to America’s top summer destinations
- Michigan and Pennsylvania have the most unpopular summer destinations
With the COVID-19 vaccine available to all Americans and the number of daily travelers passing through TSA checkpoints more than 10 times higher than last year, travel industry analysts released today. hui the report on the best summer travel destinations of 2021.
To help travelers plan the perfect summer getaway, experts compared 100 metropolitan areas across 42 key metrics of budget friendliness and fun. The data set ranges from the cheapest flight cost, number of attractions to cases of COVID-19.
|Top 20 summer travel destinations|
|1. Orlando, Florida||11. Washington, DC|
|2. Honolulu, HI||12. Springfield, Missouri|
|3. New Orleans, LA||13. San Antonio, Texas|
|4. Austin, Texas||14. Wichita, KS|
|5. Atlanta, Georgia||15. Tampa, Florida|
|6. Salt Lake City, Utah||16. Tucson, Arizona|
|7. Tulsa, okay||17. Miami, Florida|
|8. Los Angeles, California||18. Riverside, California|
|9. Oklahoma City, alright||19. Albuquerque, New Mexico|
|10. Little Rock, AR||20. Raleigh, North Carolina|
The best against the worst
- An average flight to a popular summer destination costs $ 293.73, takes 3 hours and 44 minutes, and has 0.3 connections.
- Metro Los Angeles is the most attractive destination on the West Coast and Metro Atlanta is the most attractive destination on the East Coast.
- Florida, Oklahoma and Texas are home to the most popular summer destinations in the United States, each with two metropolitan areas in the top 15. In contrast, Michigan and Pennsylvania have the most popular summer destinations. more unpopular, each with two metropolitan areas.
- The Orlando metro area has the lowest per night rate for a three-star hotel room, $ 32, which is 4.9 times cheaper than in Santa Rosa, the metro area with the highest at $ 157.