Summer is almost upon us and if you’re trying to plan your next trip, you might want to consider Florida.
That’s according to a new report from WalletHub, which released its list of the best summer travel destinations in 2022 earlier this week. The Orlando, Florida metro area topped WalletHub’s list.
For its report, WalletHub compared the 100 most populous metropolitan areas based on 43 metrics in the categories of travel cost and hassle, local costs, attractions, weather, activities, and safety.
GAS PRICES WILL EXCEED $6 NATIONWIDE BY AUGUST, SAYS JPMORGAN
Besides its overall ranking, WalletHub also found the ranking of metropolitan areas in some of these categories.
For example, Santa Rosa, California was found to have the lowest travel costs and the least hassle, while McAllen, Texas had the highest travel costs and the most hassle.
However, McAllen was also found to have the lowest local costs, while Santa Rosa, CA was found to have the highest local costs.
MEMORIAL DAY TRAVEL: MORE THAN 35 M PEOPLE ARE EXPECTED TO RETURN TO THE ROAD
The metro area with the most attractions was Chicago, while Deltona, Florida was found to be the metro area with the fewest attractions.
WalletHub also found that Orlando, Florida had the most activity and Jackson, Mississippi had the least.
Cape Coral, Florida was found to be the most secure metropolitan area while Phoenix, Arizona was found to be the least secure, according to WalletHub.
GET FOX BUSINESS ON THE ROAD BY CLICKING HERE
Here are the best summer travel destinations in 2022, according to WalletHub.
1. Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, Florida, Metro Area
2. Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-Virginia-Maryland-West Virginia, metropolitan area
3. Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Florida, Metro Area
4. Austin-Round Rock-Georgetown, Texas, Metro Area
5. Salt Lake City, Utah, Metro Area
6. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA, Metro Area
7. Urban Honolulu, Hawaii, Metro Area
8. Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota-Wisconsin, metropolitan area
9. Cincinnati, Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana, metro area
10. San Antonio-New Braunfels, Texas, Metro Area
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT FOX BUSINESS